Trendy Chicago Eats: June Recap

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Exciting life update! I recently moved to CHICAGO! Following graduation, I headed off to the Windy City for my new job with a wonderful advertising agency. As excited as I am about my new job, I am even more excited to explore the city. I've always seen myself as a big city sort of gal, and am so thrilled to be able to try everything Chicago has to offer.

In light of this, I'll be starting a new monthly series on the blog as I explore some of the wonderful cuisine of the city. I'm no professional foodie by any means, but wanted a way to track some of the fun, delicious, and trendy places I come across. So at the end of each month I will recap finds as I eat my way through Chicago.

On that note, here are some of my favorite finds from my first month in the city!

Read more...

Brunch Eats

// Stan's Donuts
Multiple locations around the city || $
I stumbled across this donut shop while exploring my new Lakeview East neighborhood, and to be honest it was the neon pink sign and similarly-hued striped walls that drew me in. I'm not usually a donut fan (I know, right?) but the pistachio glazed has made a convert out of me. Lots of great options to choose from!



// Goddess and The Baker
33 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60603 || $
This trendy coffee/brunch cafe is the perfect morning pick-me-up, and their bakery display is so beautiful that it makes you want to start that diet tomorrow.


// Nookies
Multiple locations around the city || $$
Okay, so Nookies is open for lunch and dinner as well, but trust me when I say that I've already had brunch here twice and it's the bomb dot com. I wish I could say that I try new things each time that I go, but the napoleon french toast can't be beat.


// Toast
746 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614 || $$
This cozy breakfast and lunch cafe offers some great unique options, like mascarpone and pine nut pancakes topped with lavender flowers or fruity pebbles french toast. If you're addicted to going to brunch and Instagraming your food like I am (#basic), it's definitely a must.


Lunch and Dinner Eats


108 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654 || $$
Two words: guac flights. You can pick up to three of their delicious guacamoles to try (my favorite trio are the tradicional, mango, and pancita - who knew pineapple and avocado went together so well?) This popular upscale Mexican restaurant offers delicious tacos or even just some great vibes to come grab a cocktail.


// Bub City
435 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654 || $$
This barbeque joint is full of great country vibes and Southern comfort food. Come for the live music, stay for the fried chicken and mac n' cheese.


// Broken English Taco Pub
75 E Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60601 || $

Am I basic if I say that I saw the pictures of this place and wanted to come just so I could Instagram my tacos and wall art? Answer is yes. But this place is literally so fun. From a mural of my girl Frida Kahlo wearing heart shades to a mural of a gang of luchadors wearing suits, this cantina has an awesome ambiance and some great tacos.


Drinks / Happy Hour 

// Cindy's
12 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60603 || $$$
This trendy rooftop bar is the perfect spot for grabbing drinks after work. While half of the balcony is covered with a glass roof draped with string lights, a terrace outdoors offers the most spectacular lake-side view that overlooks all of Millennium Park.


// Henry's
18 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, IL 60654 || $
A hip hang-out in the heart of River North, this DMK bar has the awesome ambiance of a dive bar without the dirty feel of one. Rather, it's a chill space with great music, games, cocktails, and sliders.


// Lost Lake
3154 W Diversey Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647 || $$
This tiki bar looks so unsuspecting from the outside, but is a tropical getaway on the inside. From the banana leaf print walls (which also double as my phone background, so you bet I was obsessed) to the array of tiki cups that cocktails are served in, this bar offers some awesome vibes. My drink was served with a dolphin made out of a banana. I mean, come on.


Tune in next month for some more trendy eats, Chicago!

XOXO, J

You Might Also Like

0 comments